Event Title: Kids & Rigs Sailing Adventure
- Date: Friday, August 10 & Sunday, August 12, 2012
- Hours: 11am-1:00pm
- Ages: Children ages 3-14 and Adults
- Price: August 10: $40 for Children 3+, $30 for Adults; August 12: $45 for Children 3+, $35 for Adults.
- Address: Schooner Soundwaters, Port Jefferson Village Center at Harborfront Park, 101-A East Broadway, Port Jefferson, NY 11777
- Phone: 516-338-0552
- Website: KidsLearnToSail.com (Starting with this page, for now.)
- Description: Kids ages 3-14 and adult chaperones will set sail in style aboard an 80′ 3-masted schooner powered by the wind. This 2-hour educational sail will teach kids how to lower and raise the sails, touch marine wildlife including sea cucumbers, horseshoe crabs, clams, and oysters, and learn how to steer this majestic 32-ton vessel. Come help the crew haul in some new specimens to examine. The last activity on board will be a crafting workshop led by Chef Paula. Kids will create a message in a bottle necklace and decorate sea life cupcakes. Advanced payment and registration required. Space is limited.